Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
1:00 AM | Author: 0
I've been trying to find my own art style lately. It will just kill me if I try to emulate some perfect manga style, I need to find my own. My art definitely has strong influence from Japanese manga and anime, though. One such is the manga Dogs: Bullets and Carnage. An  intriguing shoot 'em 'up with well defined characters and dark, mysterious undertones, it manages to create a well balanced mix of seriousness and comedy. The art is one of the most attractive parts about it to me, however. It's very flowing and smooth while still being somehow angular and realistic in the right amount. I'm using it as the main influence of the art and overall style of my comic.

I also really like the art style for the band The Gorillaz, (which I think was done by the same artist who did Tank Girl), it helped me initially when I was trying different styles in order to define my own.






|
This entry was posted on 1:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: